Averda is a leading waste management company with operations around the world, including in South Africa. We employ skilled workers and ensure compliance with all local regulations and laws to provide world-class services to our customers. Averda also uses specialised equipment to get the job done professionally and timeously.
We are specialists in the waste industry, servicing a number of different sectors; from hazardous waste removal and large-scale processing to food waste and mining refuse. Our services vary within each of the following sectors, so speak to us about our offerings and see how we can help your business with waste removal.
Sectors serviced by Averda South Africa
- Automotive – Averda offers its waste management services to the automotive sector, from service stations and garages to manufacturing plants and car dealerships. We work with you to achieve streamlined sorting, segregation and reuse of applicable materials. Averda is also certified to dispose of oil-based waste and our Vlakfontein Class-A landfill site can safely store various automotive waste materials.
- Commercial – We can provide professional waste management solutions to any commercial entity. It has been proven that working in a clean, safe environment can boost productivity and profits. Averda can create customised waste collection and removal services for your business and office space. We have numerous commercial partners, from multinational brands to small businesses, that have been satisfied with our services.
- Construction – The construction sector is a vital part of an expanding society. Averda has been working with construction companies and contractors for many years to remove waste from building sites. Due to strict time delays imposed upon projects, Averda needs to work fast and efficiently to collect and remove any construction waste materials from sites around the country.
- Healthcare – We can safely remove and dispose of hazardous waste and health care risk waste (HCRW) from clinics, hospitals, dentists and doctors’ rooms. There are numerous challenges that come with medical waste and the handling thereof. Averda trains its employees to handle and manage hazardous waste with extreme care and efficiency. Our national footprint also ensures that we offer prompt, compliant collection and treatment of medical waste across South Africa.
- Mining – The health and safety of mining personnel is a priority for Averda. We are certified to collect, remove and process mining waste materials and hazardous waste products from mines and foundries across South Africa. The mining sector is a key economic industry for the country, so a professional waste management partner is highly important for businesses operating in this field.
- Oil and gas – A high level of expertise and training are needed to provide waste solutions to the oil and gas sector. Averda is certified to collect, handle and remove oil-based waste. We are also fully compliant with laws and regulations surrounding oil and gas waste materials. Averda offers efficient and safe waste management services to the energy industry.
- Public sector – Averda has experience across the globe in working alongside municipalities and governments. We offer professional waste management solutions in urban, suburban and rural environments. These services can work in conjunction with municipal waste collection or they can be offered on behalf of local governments. We have decades of experience in the public sector waste management industry.
- Food and beverage – Almost one-third of food goes to waste before it is sold. The food and beverage industry generates high volumes of refuse and a reliable waste management partner is needed to remove and process these materials. Averda is certified to handle organic waste, as well as numerous other materials that arise from the production of food and drinks in South Africa.
Averda is a leading waste management provider with over 50 years of experience across three continents. Through growth, transformation and engagement, we strive to find new ways of managing waste while protecting the community and environment.
By pairing international expertise with local insights, we have secured our position as one of South Africa’s most respected providers of waste management and industrial cleaning services. We also operate in the recycling, pipe inspection, CCTV, infrastructure inspection, hydro-demolition, high-pressure water jetting and catalyst handling industries.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn for the best tips on recycling and the latest industry news. See our Instagram and YouTube channels for more insights into environmental affairs and our work with local communities.